Remember my throw-away recipe for a side dish to go alongside the omelette?
This is it!
It’s quick and easy and a good alternative to chips as they can be shallow fried and you don’t have to put them on kitchen towel to get rid of the excess fat because there isn’t really any.
Potatoes (depends on your appetite) I use three small ones in this recipe
salt for seasoning (optional)
Not a to-do
1. Keep the skin on the potatoes – wash and scrub them.
2. Pop the potatoes in the microwave for the allotted cooking time.
3. Meanwhile, heat some oil in a frying pan.
4. Slice the potatoes when they’re ready and place into the frying pan.
5. Fry both sides until they’re golden brown and a little crispy on the outside.
6. Add a naughty sprinkle of salt if you wish.
They’d be lovely with some homemade mayonnaise (I’ve yet to make a successful batch!)